Thursday, September 6, 2012

Natural, Calm, Relaxed Discipline!


I'm quickly learning that in order for being slim to be a permanent part of life, it has to be part of your way of thinking. Not an obsession, but a mindset. An acceptance that what is available to us is not, most of the time, what we should consume.

Health and true weight loss and permanent slimness depends on calm assurance of what we know is true: low fat, whole grain, smaller portions, fruits and vegetables, water, exercise. There can be a slight detour to partake of celebration, then a return to healthful eating to maintain health. But that detour has to be controlled and calm with awareness ad consciousness so as not to go overboard. I am aware that I can go overboard if I decide I don't want to enter that realm of health eating.

I can actually see that it's 2 different types of mindset that I waffle between, no accounting for what I eat, no thought as to healthy type of food or portions and very seldom exercise. And usually no motivation accompanies this mindset to be better than the very worst. It's like all or nothing. This is the all side.

The other mindset is the healthy side, the nothing side. But it can't be nothing, because it calls to mind punishment, deprivation, lack of fun, like I don't deserve to eat anything that I like. Did I say PUNISHMENT??

No, healthful eating is NOT punishment! There is not an elite group of lucky people out there who are allowed to eat whatever junk they want in huge portions and can still maintain their health. NO-ONE! The human body is not made that way, it's purely scientific. Our bodies cannot maintain health by eating wrong and not moving. We are capable of so much more than what we expect from ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment