Thursday, September 13, 2012

Get Behind Me Sara Lee

It's amazing how my resolve to lose weight and get healthy goes down the tubes when I'm physically or emotionally drained.  So, of course, my intentions in the morning are good, while at the end of the day, I'm ready to throw in the towel, spouting that it's just too much effort.  What do I do for that situation?  Well, since I can't control how I'm going to feel, although I can assume that I'm going to be tired at the end of the day, I can control the food that goes into my mouth.  I'm an end of the day eater, that's how I relax after all 5 kids are asleep.  I do deserve to relax, and I've always thought that eating was a reward.  I have to change that attitude now, which makes me want to cry.  Why?  Because I still want to relax, and in my mind at this point, I can't think of anything that is as relaxing and satisfying as eating.  So I have to break it down and evaluate and plan while my resolve is high.

I have to plan out ahead of time what I'm going to eat when I finally sit down at night.  Eliminating my night time snack is out of the question, I know myself too well.  I would never keep up with it, and I would probably end up binging.  So let's explore.  First thing is to get my head on straight and say my statement, "I only eat a little snack at night".   I must say that to myself in the evenings ahead of time to set the stage.  Since I've already planned out what it is I'm going to eat, and I've made it a good snack, something I like, I won't be scoping out the fridge later on.  I think also adding a hot drink, like decaf coffee (I find it very comforting) or tea added to the snack, would be a good idea.  Then I can sip, and it will last a lot longer than the snack.  The whole idea is comfort at the end of a long day.

I will be trying this tonight.  I'll be making decaf coffee and a piece of cinnamon toast (whole grain bread, of course!) should do the trick.  If this is an issue for you, try these same steps along with me, and let me know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment